Today’s post is about the music artist Space-Boy. If you haven’t heard of him he is on bandcamp and his music is definitely worth a listen.
I don’t know what to say, I’m a big fan of electronic music, and this guy produces the perfect kind of it. I’m not a music critic, just a music appreciator.
The first few posts of this blog were about music, and I was able to say this guitar was good, that drum was good, this flute was good, etc. With Space-Boy though I really don’t know what to say, so I’m just going to go through every song on Dioskouroi, my favorite album of his and say where I think the song would be good.
- Abandoned manners – 8 bit dungeon crawler
- The Orange Laser – Laser Tag, whether real or in a video game
- Tension – Space based platformer where you are on a moon mining camp
- Approaching Past – Timed escape sequence
- Kicked while down – Steampunk potion shop
- DBS – Cave music
- Outlandish probability – This would fit well in a game like Metroid, essentially an astronaut exploring the ruins of an advanced space civilization
- DBS2 – Inn music
- Raw – Exposition scene of a space explorer video game where the protagonist who is an astronaut is just chilling in the lounge of his space ship while text is being shown on screen telling you what is going on
- Near Crisis – Exploring the surface of a planet
- Space rain – A scene where the astronaut is trying to navigate through a whole bunch of asteroids
- Air Mattress Lullaby – lighthearted platformer where you play as a sheep who is trying to find all the gumdrops in the sunshine kingdom
- Chill – This would be in the lava room of a giant cave system where there just happens to be an innkeeper trying to rent out a bedroll to dungeon explorers who have managed to survive the perils of the cave to get there
- Somehow – Dungeon explorer through a giant ice cave
- What You’ve Found – Astronaut lands on a distant planet and as he is opening the door to his ship a vibrant land comes into view
- That Annoying Muzak – First person shooter when the protagonist has to sneak through a technologically advanced restricted area
- One Person Missing(You) – Town music for walking through a bustling town with a long to-do list
- Nile – Dungeon game where the protagonist just entered great pyramids
- Last Resort(The World is Flooding) – The molten layers of the fire dungeon, right after the innkeeper checkpoint
- Departures – Robot factory that has long been abandoned but still seems to be churning mysteriously
- Intermission – Dungeon exploration game where you just got to a new part of the cave and it’s filled with all kinds of weird creatures
- 3 days left – First person dungeon explorer
- Unremitting – Boss fight where the boss is either flying or fast
- Department of Ministries – This is the same as departures except it doesn’t seem abandoned at all, instead it is overflowing with activity
- Rapids – Space racing game where the protagonist is finally racing against his greatest foe
- Open Ducts – Just walking around the space ship while the ship is steadily chugging along the expanse of space
- Rolling Blackouts – Oh No! While the protagonist was walking through the techno-ruins he awoke the giant security robot. Get ready for a boss fight against an ancient mecha.
- Ghoats – Platformer where you are a lamb looking for gumdrops in the sunshine kingdom but you stumbled into the goat cemetery
Also if you are looking a song that reminds you to check your e-mail inbox check this song out.
Everything said, Space-Boy is a great artist, and you should definitely check out his stuff.